- A sewing machine (I have more than one, from basic to advanced)
- Scissors: at least two pairs, one for fabric and one for paper and sewing patterns
- A seam ripper
- Thread spools in the main colors you use
- A measuring tape. Most use inches on one side and cms on the other.
- A tailor's chalk or a craftwork pencil
- Pins and plastic clips
- Sewing needles for your sewing machine or for hand sewing
- A thimble (I personally don't use one, except for embroidery)
- A set of safety pins (different sizes)
- Buttonhole foot for your sewing machine (it's usually provided with the sewing machine and each one has a system)
- A steam iron always close by!