How to print and assemble a PDF sewing pattern
How do I print my PDF sewing pattern?Don't worry, it's not that complicated, even if it's often the step you dread. Indeed, a mistake in the scale, and you have to start all over again. So, to avoid this pitfall and to enjoy your PDF pattern immediately, here is a video tutorial that takes you step by step through the printing and assembly of your pattern at home. Follow the guide!In this video tutorial, I show you how to download, print and put together your digital sewing patterns so that you can print them perfectly at home and you are ready to start sewing in minutes.
For the English version, remember to activate the English subtitles.
What is a PDF sewing pattern?To make the most of the advantages of this sewing pattern format, here are some explanations and tips. When you purchase a PDF sewing pattern from ikatee, you will receive a download link to the following files:
- the tutorial with the assembly instructions,
- an A4 file for each size to print at home
- an A4 multi-size file, to print at home
- a multi-size A0 file, which you can have printed by a partner printer
Once you have downloaded and saved each file to your computer, it is time to print.
The advantages of the PDF patternThe choice between a PDF pattern and a paper pattern can be a tough one, but it clearly depends on your preferences and the pattern, as some patterns have (too) many pages to be print at home. However, here are the advantages that we find :
- the pattern is available right away wherever you are,
- you can print only the desired size or in multiple sizes, without the need for decals, as the pieces are not superimposed
- quick assembly for baby and children's patterns which often contain few pages
- financial savings, as the PDF pattern is less expensive than the pocket pattern and there are no shipping costs
You now have all the cards in your hand to get started! And for those who are not yet convinced, our paper patterns are still available.