🎒 New pattern: EUGÈNE, the backpack & shoulder bag
Eugène, the family backpack!
We're delighted to introduce EUGÈNE, our new accessory pattern. Whether as a backpack available in 3 sizes or as a shoulder bag, Eugène will be part of your family's daily activities!!
Special attention has been paid to finishes and assembly to ensure a high quality bag:
- Fully lined
- Clever interior storage: padded pocket for tablet or laptop
- Zippered front pocket and elasticated side pocket for water bottle
- Wide zipped opening
- Handles for carrying by hand
- Adjustable back straps
- Option: adjustable and removable shoulder strap
Eugène is available in a paper or a PDF format (including a PDF file for projection, using the sewing pattern projection technic).
L-size backpack in a Mind the Maker heavy canvas, poplin-lined, zip closure, back straps and handles, 15" laptop compatible
Poplin-lined backpack in a medium-weight canvas, size M, zip closure, back straps and handles, 13" or 14" laptop compatible
Bags in S, M and L sizes: 3 sizes to match all your needs
S-size backpack in a Cobalt, Night and Tangerine Atelier Brunette gabardine, lined in Navy poplin
Step-by-step tutorial available starting Tuesday, September 5th
Get ready for Eugène's sewing by watching our tutorial video (with English subtitles) from Tuesday, which will guide you through the assembly of your backpack or shoulder bag. The sewing level is intermediate to advanced. With Eugène, you'll learn how to assemble a full lining, zippers, straps and handles.
To sew your Eugène bag, we advise your to follow our fabrics recommandations below:
- Outer fabric: medium to heavyweight 250-400g/m2 woven fabrics, such as canvas, gabardine, bachette, denim, corduroy, waxed canvas, quilted fabric, fake leather or leather. Thinner woven fabrics such as waffle, linen or ribstop (nylon parachute fabric) for a "soft bag" effect or to be lined with thick wadding
- Lining: cotton poplin, chambray or thin polyester fabric
- Wadding: thick or thin, depending on the desired effect, fusible or not and optional Style-Vil foamed interlining from Vlieseline for the back and tablet/laptop pocket.
Don't forget to send us over your creation with #ikateeeugene!
Ready to sew!
Many accessories are required to make Eugène. In just one click, get everything you need to make one of our 3 models (or all of them): 6 kits are now available on our French website! Each kit comes with a paper pattern or without for those who prefer to complete their order with a PDF pattern.
- Stéphanie Godefroy