EUGÈNE - Backpack and shoulder bag - Paper Sewing Pattern
- Wadding: wadding (basic or type H630 or H640 from Vlieseline) and optional Style-Vil foamed interlining from Vlieseline, to be adapted according to the desired effect (more or less thickness).
- Closed end zippers or zippers by the metre: metallic or nylon 6-7 mm, 1 for the central opening (with 1 or 2 sliders) and 1 for the outer pocket (with 1 slider)
- 25, 30 or 40 mm = 1, 1-3/8 or 1-5/8'' wide flexible webbing for handles, shoulder straps and shoulder strap in cotton/polyester or 100% polyester
- 2 fastening loops and 2 sliding buckles for the back shoulder straps or 2 fastening buckles and 1 sliding adjustment buckle for the one shoulder strap (4 fastening buckles and 3 sliding buckles if you use both shoulder straps and shoulder strap), all buckles adapted in size to the width of the strap (often we use a buckle between 38 and 40 mm (1 to 1-5/8'') for a 40 mm=1-5/8" wide shoulder strap for example)
- as an option, we can also provide 2 hooks to make the shoulder strap removable. In this case, use 2 half-moon rather than rectangular buckles for the shoulder strap.
- 1.5 cm= 5/8" wide elastic: 20 cm=8" long.
- Extra strong sewing thread or classic polyester thread that can be doubled (2 spools).
- 1 snap button for an anorak or camping.
- 100 or 110 gauge needles.
- a patchwork ruler to place the back straps at a 60° angle to the back piece. Alternatively, use the template provided in PDF format, which is freely available on the site and can be printed out. A template for 60° back straps is available here.
|140 cm wide
|in yard - for a 55" width||3/4||3/4||7/8|
||140 cm wide||70
|in yard - for a 55" width||7/8||1||11/8|
90 cm wide
in yard - for a 36" width
|Option*Style-Vil foamed interlining||
for the back and the laptop pocket wadding
||handles and back shoulder straps||300
|handles and one shoulder strap||300
|handles, back and shoulder straps||330
|Closed end zippers
||central opening ** (in cm)||45
|outside pocket ** (in cm)
* foamed interlining is then used instead of wadding for 1 piece n°1C and for 5B. In this case, deduct 15 cm= 1/4 yard for sizes S, M or 30 cm = 3/8 yard for size L of wadding from the requirements shown in the chart.
Tips for choosing wadding- The lining of the bag should always be reinforced with a wadding of varying thickness, depending on the outer fabric and, above all, on the desired effect. You can double the wadding for an even softer effect, particularly around the laptop pocket and the back. The ideal is to use a foamed interling such as Style-Vil from Vlieseline® for the back lining and laptop pocket, which gives a good hold but is slightly stiffer than the wadding. Wadding is then used for the other lining pieces. Note that if your fabric is already quilted, there's no need to add wadding as the fabric already has a certain amount of hold. Only the lining pocket for the tablet or laptop will need to be reinforced with wadding or foamed interlining. If you want a firm back, you can also add Style-Vil foamed interlining to the lining.
What you will receive:
A multi-size pattern printed in real size (no overlaying of pieces)
An A5 brochure with all the illustrated steps and information to make your creation a success (cutting plans, tips,...) in French and in English
The complete kit will be sent after validation of your payment. See the delivery info section.